Pages

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Snap Shots

Really, ya'll?

I haven't posted in six weeks?  Can it be?

Shame on me.  What could I have possibly been doing these past six weeks?

Oh, I know!  I might have been... planning and executing CC's second birthday party, conceptualizing Halloween costumes based on the ever-dynamic whim of my four-year-old, turning Forty, cheering on (and weeping for) the Tigers and the Rangers, wiping snot from the noses of every member of our household, costume tea parties, and, per doctor's order, trying to fatten up my very petite baby.  Sprinkle in a full-time job, pee-wee soccer practice on Thursdays, games on Saturdays, choir on Wednesdays, and writing the newsletter for our adoption ministry, and you have a recipe for exhaustion.

So while I regroup, let me give you a quick recap.

Sweet Caroline turned two.  (TWO?!?!).  We heated the pool and celebrated with a swim party from 2-4.  The last guest left at 7:30. 

Chris tells me it's a sign of a good party.



Apparently this is also the sign of a good party:


Next, Chris took me to Sedona, Arizona to celebrate a milestone birthday.  We had the time of our lives hiking, climbing and rejuvenating in God's majestic, wondrous landscape.  Last day of our trip, we rented bikes and biked the South Rim of the Grand Canyon. 

Oh.  Em.  Gee.  Experience of a lifetime.






Did I mention soccer?  That's my little dynamo in blue, in the middle:



Because we're Baptist and Baptists don't technically celebrate Halloween, our church preschool got around it by celebrating Noah's Ark Day at school.  Cute, yes.  But creates a bit more work for the mother who has already planned non-animal-style costumes for her children.  Therefore, my kids had TWO costume changes late October this year.

Number One for school, the Lion Cub and Princess Mouse:


Costume Two:  Cindy-Lou Who from the Grinch and Dora the Explorer:





The kids really enjoyed Trick-or-Treating (don't alert the Baptists), and had a blast bouncing on several of the 48 (!!) bounce-houses at our church's Fall Festival this year.

I promise I'll try and be better about blog postings.  I still have a lot to say, just not a lot of time to say it.  But I should have more success now that Starbuck's new holiday flavors are out (Helloooooo Skinny Peppermint Mocha). 

Although, remember, I'm forty now, so you'll have to cut me some slack.  I need longer periods of rest than before...

XOXOXOXO

-

No comments:

Post a Comment