Pages

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Ms. Stewart Just Might Possibly Not Be Ashamed

Whew!

To use a metaphor a good friend recently told me, these past few days have been so productive, I feel like several pots I had that were boiling over have now been reduced to a low simmer.

Examples:

-My family has eaten home-cooked meals three nights in a row. 

-My children are bathed and wearing clean, folded clothes. 

-My husband is no longer yelling unmentionables to the computer in his office. 

-My beautiful baby is about to turn one, her party has been planned, and invitations were actually printed and mailed in a timely manner.

-Said baby, following our very first "sick visit" to the pediatrician for refusing to eat, was pronounced perfectly healthy and "distracted" by her newly-learned ability to WALK EVERYWHERE.

-My house, thanks to Soledad, aka my Angel in Pink Sweatpants, is sparkling clean and smells of Pier One's Pumpkin Spice Cake candle (on sale this month!).

-My dining room table looks like this:


-My family room mantle looks like this:



(Don't look too closely or you'll see the pink legos in the fireplace...)

-My front porch looks like this:



You want a closer look, don't you?

 

This was my first try at something so Martha Stewart-y.   

All in all, it has been a productive catch-up week.  And I give all of the credit to my new indulgence addiction, Double Tall Skinny Cinnamon Dolce Latte from Starbuck's. 

You cannot imagine the tasks one can accomplish with that extra shot of espresso.

-


2 comments:

  1. Amazing accomplishments. Don't think I ever made it to this level when I had two little ones + one dog + one snake + Tom to take care of.
    MLE

    ReplyDelete